Wednesday, May 12, 2010

DREAMING DURING DOWNTIME

Perhaps one of the only advantages to when a project has to be put on hold is that you can keep refining it in your mind. Although I've been leaning in the direction of a metallic lime green for the roadster's color, I had a little epiphany the other day at a concert at the new Backyard in Bee Cave, TX. I saw a Fibes drum kit with a color I'd not seen before. I called my drummer friend Chris Layton, who knows a little about Fibes drums. He put me directly in touch with Precision Drum to source some of the very material to share with painters down the road. I instantly feel in love with this color which is actually a little lighter in appearance than the photo suggests. I can't help but think this color would be great with a light silver pearl interior. So there you have it. A new exterior color gets thrown into the mix. Special thanks to Fibes drums and Chris Layton for the inspiration.

No comments: