Thursday, April 23, 2009

GATHERING PARTS

The parts pile is coming together nicely for the '29's drivetrain. Not sure whether I mentioned it before, but I sourced a 9" Ford Detroit locker rear end with a 3.50 rear ratio. I also found a Muncie M-20 4-speed tranny, the one with the 2.52 first gear. Next decision is the engine. Do I run the warmed over 425 Buick Nailhead that I bought it with, or put together a stout little small block chevy for it. I'm leaning towards the small block chevy, figuring the weight savings would make it handle a bit better. I figure a sixties era 327 with one horsepower pure cube would do quite nicely, given the car's weight of 2,000 lbs. Plus, I've got an Edelebrock 3X2 intake with Holley 94's all ready to go should I opt for the 327. If I go with the 425, I'll need to get the transmission adaptor kit from Bendtsen's. Fun times.

I'll keep you posted.


No comments: