Saturday, November 10, 2012

A RARE PLATE








After months of scouring swap meets, antique shops and estate sales, I finally found a pair of decent 1929 plates and sought to find a restorer for them. A Google search for someone in Denver drew me to Larry Scott, who has been an active member of the car scene for a couple of decades. I called him and arranged to meet with him to get a bid for restoring the plates I'd found. During the course of our conversation, Larry mentioned that CO offered different sized plates in 29 and that he had one of the lowest numbers that they offered, a three-digit plate. Hearing that made me really want a smaller plate, given the compact size of my model A. I asked him to quote me a price for the small plate and before I knew it, I was the proud owner of the beauty you see here, restored by none other than Larry. Once the roadster gets closer to the road, I'll order collector car plates for it to carry in trunk of the car, and run the plate you see here on the rear. Should anyone be interested in a good plate restorer, here's Larry's contact info:


          Larry Scott
Denver, Colorado
Phone: (303) 433-9504
Repairs holes, restores and repaints vintage plates

No comments: