Saturday, November 21, 2009

DEBURRING IS A GENUINE PAIN

Well, I just spent an entire freakin' day in the garage continuing to debur the 327, switching between air tools and my drill motor and employing a number of different grinding stones and wire wheels. It was alot of work. All told, I'll spend probably thirty hours removing edges, sharp corners, and every bit of grease, grime, paint accumulated over the course of the engine's four prior decades. If it's true that great paint is in the prep, I should be rewarded with a sweet little engine that stands out nicely. I'm leaning towards painting the engine block the green color I have in mind for the body color, or argent, the color of the vintage Torq Thrust's spokes. Fortunately, I'll have lots of time to think about it as I continue to smooth the cast iron. In the end, I'll be laying on a two stage basecoat/ clearcoat. Stay tuned.

No comments: