Saturday, January 15, 2011

SEATS FOR THE '29


My son Drew, along with my wife Debbie and I were out antiquing and scouring thrift stores for embed-able items for shift knobs and vintage snap shirts when low and behold, we came across a pretty interesting pair of bar stools. I was immediately reminded of the lowback buckets found in early sixties Austin Healys
Thirteen bucks later, I had a pair of seats for the '29. Will these be the final seats? We shall see. 
But they're definitely compact, they'll definitely fit and will work beautifully for mock up. I wonder what my upholsterer buddy Carlos @ sick strings could do with these bad boys. 

If you're not familiar with Carlos' work, check out the Lucha Libre shift knobs he's making for our site. Of course, that's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to his stitching talents.

 




No comments: